Welcome to volume 5 issue 9 of Monthly Mineral Chronicles. This is a publication pulled together by a mineral collector for mineral collectors.
This month, in this 64 page full-colour issue we have the following articles:
- 2022 Ballarat Gem and Mineral Show
- Gold on Copper from the Carmen de Andacollo Mine, Chile. Rolf tells us about some interesting copper specimens from Chile.
- An Indian Mud Map. Noel gets really excited about the chance to dig some rubies!
- Minerals and Elements: Fluorine. The next in the series on elements and minerals. This month, we look at fluorine.
- Mineral Snippet – Pickeringite.
- Illustrated Minerals of Australia Volume 1, Part 19 – Cronstedtite to Cyrilovite. The next installment of a significant undertaking documenting the 1,500 or so mineral species recorded in Australia.
- Locality Snippet – Davier Mine, South Dakota, USA. A mine operated for uranium in the late 1800s.
Again this month, for many of the excellent images, is the ability to click on the image to bring up a larger version. Not only do you get a bigger version, but in some cases, the image you see published may be a cropped version.
Each month, I will bring you mineral-related content from around the world. There will be a range of topics including mineral news and information, show reports, articles on minerals and localities, a spotlight on individual mineral dealers or collectors, and maybe an editorial now and again.
The focus won’t be restricted to any particular genre. And all of this from just US$1 per month for Patreons, Kofi Members, and Subscribers. Casual access is also available at Kofi. Please use the Contact Us form to become a Subscriber.
You can download this issue here (note that it is password protected).
I hope that you continue to enjoy the journey.