Welcome to volume 5 issue 1 of Monthly Mineral Chronicles, the first issue for the new year. This is a publication pulled together by a mineral collector for mineral collectors.
This month, in this 85 page full-colour issue we have the following articles:
- Minerals and Elements: Hydrogen – The first of a series on elements and minerals.
- Washington Camp – Duquesne, Santa Cruz Co., Arizona – Rolf tells us about the mines and minerals in the Washington Camp – Duquesne area of Arizona.
- Mineral Snippet – Pyrrhotite – James tells us everything we need to know about the mineral, pyrrhotite.
- Sagenite and Sagenitic Quartz – Herwig explains what the term sagenite is and when we should use it.
- Illustrated Minerals of Australia Volume 1, Part 11 – Calderite to Ceruleite. The next installment of a significant undertaking documenting the 1,500 or so mineral species recorded in Australia.
- Don’t believe everything you read! It must be true. I read it on the internet!
Again this month, for many of the excellent images, is the ability to click on the image to bring up a larger version. Not only do you get a bigger version, but in some cases, the image you see published may be a cropped version.
Each month, I will bring you mineral-related content from around the world. There will be a range of topics including mineral news and information, show reports, articles on minerals and localities, a spotlight on individual mineral dealers or collectors, and maybe an editorial now and again.
The focus won’t be restricted to any particular genre. And all of this from just US$1 per month for Patreons and Subscribers. Casual access is available at Gumroad. Please use the Contact Us form to become a Subscriber.
You can download this issue here (note that it is password protected).
I hope that you continue to enjoy the journey.