Welcome to volume 4 issue 11 of Monthly Mineral Chronicles. This is a publication pulled together by a mineral collector for mineral collectors.
This month, in this 79 page full-colour issue we have the following articles:
- Mineral Snippet – Genthelvite. James tells us everything we need to know about this rare beryllium mineral.
- Illustrated Minerals of Australia. Volume 1, Part 9 – Botallackite to Buttgenbachite. The next installment of a significant undertaking documenting the 1,500 or so mineral species recorded in Australia.
- Getchell Mine, Humboldt County, Nevada. Rolf takes us to the Getchell Mine in Nevada, the home of some colourful arsenic minerals.
- Mineral Snippet – Hübnerite. James tells us everything we need to know about this wolframite group mineral.
- An Occurrence of Gold. Noel relates the acquisition of his very first, and very special, mineral specimens.
- Silver Mining in Colonial Mexico. A supplement to Jim McGlasson’s presentation on Zoom earlier this month.
Again this month, for many of the excellent images, is the ability to click on the image to bring up a larger version. Not only do you get a bigger version, but in some cases, the image you see published may be a cropped version.
Each month, I will bring you mineral-related content from around the world. There will be a range of topics including mineral news and information, show reports, articles on minerals and localities, a spotlight on individual mineral dealers or collectors, and maybe an editorial now and again.
The focus won’t be restricted to any particular genre. And all of this from just US$1 per month for Patreons and Subscribers. Casual access is available at Gumroad. Please use the Contact Us form to become a Subscriber.
You can download this issue here (note that it is password protected).
I hope that you continue to enjoy the journey.