Welcome to volume 4 issue 3 of Monthly Mineral Chronicles. This is a publication pulled together by a mineral collector for mineral collectors.
This month, in this 90 page full-colour issue, we have the following articles:
- Shows and Stuff… Slowly moving to a “Covid Normal”. One Show at a time.
- Illustrated Minerals of Australia – Volume 1, Part 1 – Acanthite to Allanite. The first installment of a significant undertaking documenting the 1500 or so mineral species recorded in Australia.
- A Mineral Specimen Location Story – Rolf calls on his experience and questions the origin of an Arizonan mineral specimen.
- A visit to the Colebrook Hill Mine, Tasmania, Australia – A March 2021 field collecting trip report to this former Tasmanian copper mine known particularly for its axinite specimens.
- Mineral Snippet – Neptunite
Again this month, for many of the excellent images, is the ability to click on the image to bring up a larger version. Not only do you get a bigger version, but in some cases, the image you see published may be a cropped version.
Each month, I will bring you mineral-related content from around the world. There will be a range of topics including mineral news and information, show reports, articles on minerals and localities, a spotlight on individual mineral dealers or collectors, and maybe an editorial now and again.
The focus won’t be restricted to any particular genre. And all of this from just US$1 per month for Patreons and Subscribers. Casual access is available at Gumroad. Please use the Contact Us form to become a Subscriber.
You can download this issue here (note that it is password protected).
I hope that you continue to enjoy the journey.